HUPMOBILE Final Seminar on 1st December 2021!
For three years, the HUPMOBILE project has focused on providing a holistic approach to sustainable mobility solutions in port cities of the Baltic Sea Region. Partners from cities and infrastructure operators have integrated innovative mobility options for everyday mobility, port logistics, intelligent transportation systems, and multimodal transportation services. We have shared our achievements and lessons learned with fellow mobility and urban planners and other interested stakeholders! This virtual meeting also included insights from mobility and planning professionals in Riga and a storyline of the project to give context for the exciting keynote speakers of the day.
Program of the Seminar
Following the hosts' presentation from the City of Riga, the keynote speakers provided a viewpoint from the Baltic Sea Region. Then we have embarked on a journey through the HUPMOBILE practice, where project partners shared their findings, insights, and experience in urban mobility planning in port cities.
Holistic approach to the port city transformation
- Opening the Final Seminar: HUPMOBILE journey towards holistic mobility and planning
- Introducing Riga: virtual tour in the city with current projects and future outlook
- Keynote by Sami Sahala, Forum Virium: Baltic Sea Region cities are the drivers for the change
HUPMOBILE: the road towards holistic mobility and planning
- Example of applying a holistic approach: case Turku
- Simulations in supporting mobility decision-making
- Public participation GIS & lifestyles of residents
- Participatory.Tools to improve & enrich your Stakeholder Engagement Process
- Lifecycle of grassroots initiative: integrated green water transport in Riga
- Building cross-sectoral ITS networks in the Baltic Sea Region
- Mini-pilot case examples from the cities
- Adaptive traffic lights and mobility management in Tallinn
- Active mobility in port areas: case Hamburg
- Online tools supporting decision-making on holistic smart mobility
Evaluations and future ideas
Keynote by Lucian Zagan, Eurocities: Designing choice for urban mobility decarbonisation: EU policies and local challenges
- Lessons learned and suggested future actions
- HUPMOBILE policy guidelines and conclusions
We would like to express our gratitude to everyone who has visited our event and to those who have been following the actions of the HUPMOBILE project.